recently-approved tags

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Tue Apr 12 01:04:47 CEST 2005

Peter Constable scripsit:

> That leaves the following, which I'm still wondering about:
>
> bs-Cyrl-BA
> bs-Latn-BA

I believe that Bosnian is in the same situation as Inuktitut: spoken almost
entirely in Bosnia, making these tags unnecessary.

> tg-Arab-TJ
> tg-Cyrl-TJ

Ethnologue 15 (which is up and running now) says Tajiki is "also spoken in Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia (Asia), Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan."

Presumably it has, or has had, both Cyrillic and Arabic orthography in most or
all of these countries.  Since Tajiki is rather invariant (again according
to Ethnologue), I don't see evidence that lang-script-country tags are required.

> mn-Cyrl-MN
> mn-Mong-CN

What happened to mn-Mong-MN, which is pretty important these days?

--
All Norstrilians knew what laughter was:        John Cowan
it was "pleasurable corrigible malfunction".    http://www.reutershealth.com
        --Cordwainer Smith, Norstrilia          jcowan at reutershealth.com