sl-nedis LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM

Addison Phillips [wM] aphillips at webmethods.com
Tue May 11 18:38:50 CEST 2004

Dear Professor Steenwijk,

If draft-phillips-langtags were in effect, would you be registering 'nedis'
as a "variant" or as a "language" subtag? Do you think that ISO 639-2 would
register the dialect as a language? What about ISO639-3?

I'm also curious as to why the tag doesn't match any of the English or
Slovene names. "nediski", "nadiski", "natisone", ... all fit the subtag
pattern (there is a lower limit on length which is five characters, but the
upper limit is sixteen). I realize that there is an ending problem (do you
choose -i or -o??) but it seems curious to me to abbreviate.

Best Regards,

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.