Another Slovene dialect tag?

Addison Phillips [wM] aphillips at webmethods.com
Sun May 9 20:58:54 CEST 2004

I don't see any reason why you should hold back from registering a tag. The
new draft does not radically alter the nature of what qualifies for
registration, nor does it greatly change the necessary debate.

I would just suggest that any tag registration should be carefully set up so
that it also meets the requirements of draft-phillips-langtags and that
thought should be given during any discussion of the desired tag as to how
well it will fit into the subtag registry. I don't think you would want the
distinction of having added the last grandfathered tag. Generally this means
that any tag you register should be made up of subtags that meet the length
and positional requirements of the draft.

Best Regards,

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.