an old item: es-americas

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Fri Mar 26 16:02:56 CET 2004

> From: ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no [mailto:ietf-languages-
> bounces at alvestrand.no] On Behalf Of Michael Everson

> >This isn't about software.  Reuters is a news company, not a software
> >company.
>
> Your point escapes me. Pronoun choice is still
> dependent on actual language, is it not?

The point is that content providers (which probably includes software
localizers) are creating Spanish content that is tailored for use in
Latin American markets, and have been asking for a corresponding way to
tag their data. This is increasingly common practice, which you could
verify for yourself by contacting a localization vendor in your
vicinity.

Peter Constable