New Web page on supplementary RFC 3066bis codes

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sat Jun 26 18:53:38 CEST 2004

Peter Constable <petercon at microsoft dot com> wrote:

> Your page has
>
> "Code 003 (North America) differs from 021 (Northern America) in that
> the latter code also encompasses Central America and the Caribbean,
> while the former does not."
>
> Is that backwards?
>
> 003 encompasses 021 (N Amer), 029 (Car.) and 013 (C Amer).
>
> 021 covers Canada, US, Greenland, Bermuda and St. Pierre & Miquelon.

Yes, you are correct.  The UN page has this footnote to 021 Northern
America:

"The continent of North America (003) comprises Northern America (021),
Caribbean (029), and Central America (013)."

So I did have it backwards.  It's now fixed.  Thanks for the catch.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California
 http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/