[YES] The Linguasphere proposal is suited to RFC 3066(oritssuccessors) and its consuming protocols

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Jun 22 16:04:54 CEST 2004

John Clews scripsit:

> Debbie Garside wrote (and her text is included in "quotes" as blow:
>
> "The LS 639 referential scale would not be used for tagging data."
>
> 1. Why then are we discussing LS 639 in this forum?
>
> The ietf-languages at iana.org list, and indeed RFC 3066 and its predecessors
> (and successors) are only for tagging data.

Note the word "referential".  The referential codes are used to
show the relations of languages, and are distinct from the 4-alpha
codes used to tag languages.  Only the latter are proposed for ISO 639.

--
John Cowan  cowan at ccil.org  http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
O beautiful for patriot's dream that sees beyond the years