Comment on [Yes] The Linguasphere proposal is suited to RFC 3066 (or itssuccessors) and its consuming protocols

Addison Phillips [wM] aphillips at webmethods.com
Sat Jun 5 00:41:49 CEST 2004

Actually cy-cyde-prsl isn't valid today (except via tag registration). Although the ABNF permits it, the text of RFC3066 does not. Generative use of LS639 would require a revision to RFC 3066 or lots and lots of registrations....

You'll note that the "hypothetical" RFC 3066 successor is also well advanced and uses ISO 15924 alpha4 codes in a specific way that would prevent LS639 codes from being used in the form you suggest. The private use extension mechanism is available (so cy-x-cyde-prsl would be valid), as is the extension mechanism.

Best Regards,

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.