I approve the registration of es-americas (Latin American)

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 1 17:46:08 CEST 2004

Michael Everson <everson at evertype dot com> wrote:

> Tag to be registered       : es-americas

I hate to beat up on Michael -- it's been a rough month for him -- but
I'm a bit disappointed that this tag was registered.  With the expected
approval of RFC 3066bis in the coming months, it seems to me that the
linguistic and/or locale needs intended to be served by es-americas
could be equally served by es-419, an ordinary code created through the
generative mechanism and not needing registration.

I assume es-americas and es-419 will be considered synonyms when RFC
3066bis is released, but es-americas will still have to be maintained in
the registry indefinitely.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California
 http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/