draft-phillips-langtags-04 /2.4.2 Maintaining private-use

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Fri Jul 2 20:36:53 CEST 2004

That is incorrect. The current private use ISO 639 and ISO 3166 codes are
valid codes in their respective standards. So I can in the current RFC 3066
produce codes like:

en-QM (English with a private use region)
qaa-US (Private use language with US region)

I'm sorry that I haven't had a chance to respond to a number of the comments
so far. Addison and I discussed them before he flew off to Russia, so I will
try to answer them for the both of us in his absence, after the holiday
weekend. However, I find that quite a few of them are on the order of the
comment below; not recognizing that the current draft in many cases simply
documents and makes more rigorous a pre-existing capability (from the
current 3066).

Μаrk