RFC3066bis: looking ahead

Addison Phillips [wM] aphillips at webmethods.com
Tue Jan 20 19:33:26 CET 2004

?? But the problem would still be: how do you distinguish an ISO3166-2 from
an ISO639-3? The lang subtag isn't at issue here, as it isn't the lang code
that's the problem. It's the secondary tag. If ISO639-3 can identify a
language exactly, then it can appear in the first position. If it can't then
RFC3066 has to disambiguate 639-3's from other potential tag's "namespaces".

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.