New ISO 639 language identifier - Klingon

Jon Hanna jon at hackcraft.net
Wed Feb 25 17:53:41 CET 2004

Quoting Tex Texin <tex at xencraft.com>:

> So Klingon is in Latin when written in Japan, Russia, etc.?

Unless it's transcribed.

> And the transcription is spelled the same way in all markets?

You don't transcribe Klingon into Latin, Latin is its natural script. If you
consider the glyphs that are used exclusively with Klingon to be a separate
script then you are transcribing it when you are using that script. If you
consider those glyphs to be a Latin cypher then you are not transcribing.

> I also wonder if it should be registered as tlh-latn.

That idea is as good or as bad as en-latn.

--
Jon Hanna
<http://www.hackcraft.net/>