Language Identifier List up for comments

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Sat Dec 18 00:13:48 CET 2004

I'm completely confused; you keep switching the criteria. You used to say
'plausible', now it's "recommended for general use'. For 'general use' for
what? Localization? Text-to-Speech? Spell-checkers? Tex said in a side email
that if he couldn't buy a different dictionary two ids, they are not
different; that would eliminate quite a few distinctions in the list, but
that would be both too coarse and too fine for use in localization.

I have no idea what that this list is supposed to do now.

‎Mark