draft-05: editorial comments (2)

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Fri Aug 27 19:12:52 CEST 2004

Addison Phillips [wM] scripsit:

> > "At present all languages that have both kinds of 3-character code also
> > are assigned a 2-character code; it is not expected that future
> > assignments of this nature will arise."
>
> This is text from RFC3066 that we previously toned down at your request :-).
> I'll make this change.

I propose the following wording:

"At present all languages that have both kinds of 3-character code also
are assigned a 2-character code; it is not expected that future assignments
of this nature will arise, for we of the RFC 3066 community have made it
abso-bloody-lutely clear to the R.A. that we will jointly and severally
commit acts of violence and sarcasm upon their sacred persons if they
ever deviate from the well-defined path of rectitude in this peculiarly
abominable fashion.  IS -- THAT -- CLEAR?"

Fortunately for all, I'm going on a week's vacation after today....

--
A mosquito cried out in his pain,               John Cowan
"A chemist has poisoned my brain!"              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
        Was para-dichloro-                      jcowan at reutershealth.com
Diphenyltrichloroethane.                                (aka DDT)