Subsubtagging sl-rozaj

John Clews Scripts2 at sesame.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 13 08:30:13 CEST 2003

1. As well as individual requests, it's also useful to have an email
which documents the whole set, and a rationale for the set, although
Michael as Language Tag Reviewer will also need each request
separately. I'd be interested to see a "set" email, with rationale
for subtagging.

2. In terms of what might be subtagged, I imagine one of the two
following would apply:

(a) sl-rozaj in various specific countries, which does not need the
subtags specifyinng separately (just apply the ISO 3166 codes as
specified in RFC 3066), or

(b) a particular subtag specifying the othography used.

3. If (b) applies, what is the rationale for identifying orthographies,
and how would it relate to other orthography subtagging practices,
e.g. subtags for Oxford (OED) English (en-oxford or whatever) or
new conventions applied to German (e.g. de-1902 or whatever) or to
ISO 15924: Codes for representation of names of scripts?

I look forward to comments on this with considerable interest.

John Clews,
Keytempo Limited (Information Management),
8 Avenue Rd, Harrogate, HG2 7PG
Tel:    +44 1423 888 432
mobile: +44 7766 711 395
Email:  scripts2 at sesame.demon.co.uk