What RFC 3066 says

John Clews Scripts2 at sesame.demon.co.uk
Wed May 28 15:15:53 CEST 2003

Dear Michael

This email is much shorter than my previous one to the list.

It now appears that as well as consensus for Mark's tag proposals
being accepted, there is an emerging consensus also on a citation
order for tags which also include script codes.

Various participants on the list independently suggested something
very close to my own:

> So if you need a citation order for tags which have not yet been
> requested, the obvious one would appear to be
>
>       language-script-country-date.

I've also not noticed any suggestions to have

        language-country-script-date, etc.

in any subsequent correspondence.

Michael, if there seems to also be an emerging concensus which (to me
at least) seems to solve one of your concerns "down the line", does
that now relieve your worries?

Is there now any remaining reason why you can't register the
requested codes this week, or is there still a remaining problem?

I hope that the former is the case, and I hope you'll be in a position
to respond to this question fairly quickly.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards

John

--
John Clews,
Keytempo Limited (Information Management),
Email:  Scripts2 at sesame.demon.co.uk
Web:    http://www.keytempo.com

Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC22/WG20: Internationalization;
Committee Member of ISO/TC37/SC2/WG1: Language Codes