About Serbian, Cyrillic and Latin script

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Sun May 11 21:41:40 CEST 2003

I accidentally stumbled into a conversation with a Serbian, and got the
enclosed update.....

it seems clear that a lot of people kind of wish that "sr" would mean
"serbian in cyrillic script", but that this is more wishful thinking than
otherwise yet.

Given such a situation, I see good reason to allow both "sr-Cyrl" and
"sr-Latn" to be registered; it's easy to see situations where one wants to
locate resources in one particular script, and situations where resources
in either script would be acceptable.

Your mileage may vary :-)

                 Harald