en-GB-oxford LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM

John Clews Scripts2 at keytempo.com
Sat Jun 21 20:52:22 CEST 2003

Dear Michael

In message <p05200a02bb1a37913eb1@[195.218.107.35]> you wrote:

> At 16:11 +0000 2003-06-20, John Clews wrote:
> >I _much_ prefer en-oed.
> >
> >It's the same level as en-scouse, and just as valid.
>
> I think I disagree. -oed is a variety of the kind of English marked
> by en-GB, in specific software environments.

Ah, if it's use is in specific software environments, that may be
fair enough.

> The subsubtag modifies the subtag. Scouse is a dialect of English.

Out of interest, has en-scouse ever been used in specific software
environments?

I'd be interested to see what use has been made of it, if anybody can
provide examples.

This is not a facetious question: I don't dispute that Scouse is a
dialect of English, nor that there was a need for a tag for it.

I'd just be interested to see what use has been made of it,
once allocated.

I look forward with interest to any replies

Best wishes

John Clews

--
John Clews,
Keytempo Limited (Information Management),
Email:  Scripts2 at sesame.demon.co.uk
Web:    http://www.keytempo.com

Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC22/WG20: Internationalization;
Committee Member of ISO/TC37/SC2/WG1: Language Codes