en-GB-oxford LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM

Addison Phillips aphillips at webmethods.com
Tue Jun 17 12:28:45 CEST 2003

I agree. I think we should avoid adding any alpha-4 tags in the interim
while we work out exactly how to handle 15924 codes.

I also think that it would be a bad idea on another level: obfuscating
registered tags will make them harder to use and thus less likely to be
widely adopted.

~Addison

--

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture

Internationalization is an architecture. It is not a feature.

[Chair, W3C-I18N-WG, Web Services Task Force]
http://www.w3.org/International/ws