en-GB-oxford LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM

Peter_Constable at sil.org Peter_Constable at sil.org
Tue Jun 17 10:38:44 CEST 2003

Michael Everson wrote on 06/17/2003 06:04:31 AM:

> It needn't be four letters but for Jon's suggestion.

An observation: if we made it four letters, or if we followed Jon's
suggestion, then that would have implications for incorporating ISO 15924
into RFC 3066bis: it we *don't* do it, then a new RFC could potentially
contain a statement to the effect, "Any alpha-4 subtag is interpreted
according to ISO 15924." But if we *do* do it, then it will take a little
more work to come up with wording describing use of ISO 15924 (any ISO
15924 tag could be used productively, but not all alpha-4 subtags could be
interpreted in terms of ISO 15924).

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485