en-GB-oxford LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM

Peter_Constable at sil.org Peter_Constable at sil.org
Mon Jun 16 12:01:45 CEST 2003

Michael Everson wrote on 06/16/2003 10:49:23 AM:

> >A spelling principle related to one derivational suffix does not
determine
> >all spelling conventions.
>
> Oxford spelling is the same as British spelling except for this feature.

True, but I don't know that we usually document the denotation of tags in
terms of deltas (x = y with this difference), and such a statement assumes
that "British spelling" is somewhere defined. There will be a lot of users
wanting to know what en-oed is intended to mean who won't know what the
rules of British spelling are. Thus, IMO the intended denotation of en-oed
must be documented fully.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485