en-GB-oxford LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sat Jun 14 08:59:07 CEST 2003

Michael Everson <everson at evertype dot com> wrote:

>> When will a decision be made on whether to register en-GB-Oxford
>> please?  I am hoping that this will be registered.

> It's my proposal, and I guess I really don't need pressure from
> others about it.

I still think if the intent is to indicate spelling and usage associated
with the Oxford English Dictionary, rather than the variety of English
spoken in the city of Oxford and environs, then the subtag should
be -oed rather than -oxford.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California
 http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/