Language Tag Registrations

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sun Jun 1 16:07:02 CEST 2003

Martin Duerst <duerst at w3 dot org> wrote:

> If you have a need for identifying a particular kind of language,
> then what you do is that you submit a registration proposal.
> Others will then comment on that proposal. If you don't have
> an actual need for tagging, then you your question is irrelevant
> for this list. If you don't make a registration proposal, then
> you question is again irrelevant for this list.

I'd say it's relevant to describe a particular kind of language and
discuss whether or not it is appropriate for a language tag, before
actually submitting a proposal.

If there is no underlying intent to determine whether a tag is
justified, and to submit a proposal if so, then the question is
irrelevant for this list.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California
 http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/