Registration of argots.

Jon Hanna jon@spin.ie
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 16:15:24 -0000

Can thieves' cants and similar slangs that deliberately redefine a languages
lexicon be registered?

I've no particular use for these but I've always found them fascinating, and
some have historical interest (London thieves' cant being the possible
origin of many cockney terms and Polari being of historical importance to
the Gay community as well as influencing much modern slang). And I was
wondering the other day about were they fell into the 3066 model of
languages.

Jon Hanna

PGP http://www.spin.ie/jon.asc
PGP Fingerprint 707E 5E39 3BF5 533A D1DD  2083 8169 BFD7 F532 BD18
"...it has been truly said that hackers have even more words for equipment
failures than Yiddish has for obnoxious people." - jargon.txt