Beware of the dog

Sean M. Burke sburke at cpan.org
Thu Feb 6 10:16:29 CET 2003

At 2/6/2003 11:04 AM -0800, Mark Crispin hissed thru clenched teeth:
>[...]> You might want to consider taking Linguistics 454 and learning
>something.
>Oh, you mean how to become yet another vacuous pseudo-intellectual in a
>field that offers no skills other than to properly enunciate "would you
>like fries with your order, sir?"  Linguistics has gone sharply downhill
>in the past 20 years, particularly with Chomsky and Searle playing the
>clown for the media.

I think that that's the sound of you volunteering to help out a local
(Northwest-area) tribe with their language documentation and revitalization
program.  When are you available?  Do you mind driving much?

--
Sean M. Burke  sburke at cpan.org  http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/