Registration of "byn" for Blin Language

Daniel Yacob locales at geez.org
Tue Apr 15 17:41:48 CEST 2003

> Please, no -- you've got enough references that an ISO 639 tag ought to be
> approved. I think it would be much more preferable to add an atomic ID in
> ISO 639-2 than "cus-byn" in IANA. I agree with Michael.

Well...so I thought, two years ago when "byn" was rejected for ISO 639.  The
response from a LOC staff then was that too many of the references were on
the subject of Blin but not in the Blin language.  So until more in-Blin
materials can be collected (some were 2002 but are not in the list),
"cus-byn" would be the next best thing.

If you think the ISO 639-2 rules are less rigid now, then I suppose its
worth another try.

/Daniel