Road Map for Language Code Additions?

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Tue Apr 15 10:39:14 CEST 2003

Daniel Yacob scripsit:

> I've been lost under the flood of recent mail but have been
> pleased to see some new 3 letter codes getting assigned in
> February and March.  These assignements appeared to come out
> of the blue from where I stand (admittedly not keeping up with
> the mail flow).  Is there a web page that presents a road map
> for what languages are candidates for consideration for code
> assignement?

Basically you have to submit evidence that works (not necessarily texts)
in the language are held in at least 5 libraries or other such institutions
and that each institution has at least 10 works.

AFAIK the RA is essentially reactive; it does not have a roadmap, but waits
for people to come to it.

--
John Cowan   jcowan at reutershealth.com   http://www.reutershealth.com
    "Mr. Lane, if you ever wish anything that I can do, all you will have