Problems deciding if az- should have multiple registrations...

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Fri Apr 11 17:00:14 CEST 2003

Addison Phillips [wM] scripsit:

> Okay, but the argument has been presented that 3166 coded values are
> registered to distinguish national or official languages. So:

Distinguo.  I said that a preregistered value that did not refer to a
n. or o. language was unlikely to be useful.  I did *not* say that the
purpose of preregistering xx-yy and xxx-yy codes was to distinguish
n. or o. languages.

Furthermore, I have absolutely no authority of any sort over 3066.

The man that wanders far			jcowan at reutershealth.com
from the walking tree				http://www.reutershealth.com
	--first line of a non-existent poem by:		John Cowan