Script codes in RFC 3066

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Wed Apr 9 10:16:59 CEST 2003

Caoimhin O Donnaile scripsit:

> I think that language codes should be "atomic", not hierarchic,

In general you are right.  But we can't escape so easily from ISO 639-1/-2,
because so many systems already understand them.  Saying cpf-hat for
Haitian Creole French gives systems that only understand "cpf" at least
some clue.

--
John Cowan  jcowan at reutershealth.com  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
Assent may be registered by a signature, a handshake, or a click of a computer