CORRECTION (was: Re: Many languages - how to code?)

Peter_Constable@sil.org Peter_Constable@sil.org
Sun, 5 May 2002 22:50:12 -0500

On 05/05/2002 02:56:21 PM Michael Everson wrote:

>>Workshop on Standards in Localisation, Dublin, Ireland, 13 May 2002
>>http://lrc.csis.ul.ie/IUC21Web/
>
>I would tend to doubt whether "standards" in that title means formal
>"Standards" in the sense we are used to. The localization industry
>here doesn't pay much attention beyond their main goal, which is to
>get products available on time.

It is my understanding that the L10n industry has been developing standards
for their particular sector; examples include TMX and XLIFF. These don't
particularly relate to language identification issues, though.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>