CORRECTION (was: Re: Many languages - how to code?)

Michael Everson everson@evertype.com
Sun, 5 May 2002 20:56:21 +0100

At 04:37 +0900 2002-05-06, Martin Duerst wrote:
>At 09:26 02/05/04 +0000, John Clews wrote:
>
>>Next week, there is the W3C Internationalization Workshop in Dublin,
>>followed by the International Unicode Conference.
>
>There is *NO* W3C Internationalization Workshop next week.
>The workshop is:
>
>Workshop on Standards in Localisation, Dublin, Ireland, 13 May 2002
>http://lrc.csis.ul.ie/IUC21Web/

I would tend to doubt whether "standards" in that title means formal
"Standards" in the sense we are used to. The localization industry
here doesn't pay much attention beyond their main goal, which is to
get products available on time.

That is my opinion having worked in the field here.
--
Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com