Correction! LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM : es-america

Michael Everson everson@evertype.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 15:21:48 +0100

At 16:07 -0400 2002-06-03, John Cowan wrote:
>Michael Everson scripsit:
>
>>  I learned Mexican Spanish and delight in speaking it here in Europe.
>>  Having said that, there are so many variations in "New World
>>  Spanish", particularly in pronominal choice (tu, vos, and usted for
>>  instance), that I cannot imagine what this tag is supposed to
>>  represent.
>
>As Peter says: it represents written (or in principle also spoken) content
>that is acceptable anywhere in America.

Well "t=FA" is used in the second person singular in Mexico, but "vos"
is used in Colombia. So which is "American Spanish"?
--
Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com