ISO 3166 (country codes) Maintenance Agency Web pages move

John Cowan cowan@mercury.ccil.org
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 14:21:53 -0500 (EST)

Michael Everson scripsit:
>  From the 3166 MA:
> =====
> New alpha-3 code element for Romania
>
> At the request of the Romanian Government the ISO 3166/MA decided to
> change the ISO 3166-1 three-letter (alpha-3) code element for Romania
> from ROM to ROU.
>
> The change took effect on 1 February 2002.
> =====

As I understand it, this request is more of a command.  The only
fully stable codes in 3166 are the numeric ones.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There