Proposal: Language code "de-DE-trad"

J.Wilkes jwilkes@metabit.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:51:31 +0100

On 19 Feb 02, at 10:36, Francois Yergeau wrote:
> Martin Duerst wrote:
> > At 19:36 02/02/18 -0800, Mark Davis wrote:
> > >As to why the Americans would be resistant to making a change to
> > >metric, with all of the logical advantages, just think about it for a
> > >few centiseconds.
> >
> > Maybe that should be centiminutes? :-)

I don't think so, since second is the basic SI unit of time, while
centiminutes as 0.6s look a bit awkward... let's say, for a few seconds,
OK? :^)

> It should clearly be in micro-fortnights (µf).

Well, the micro-fortnight is a well documented unit of time, see jargon file.
But at this opportunity, I'd like to mention the nanocentury.

Ahem.

For something completely different...

What can I do to further the de-DE-trad, de-DE-1996 and the other
proposals?
Are there open questions, formal issues, procedures?

I don't want to distract from the centiminutes and the metric vs. other
systems, but I am still interested in the issue of tagging the lately
deformed, err, reformed german orthography and its traditional
counterpart.

--
Johannes Wilkes