Breaking the logjam: perhaps a new RFC on Script codes?

John Clews Scripts2@sesame.demon.co.uk
Sat, 07 Dec 2002 09:41:38 GMT

In message <p05100308ba1703eb88b6@[194.46.32.228]> Michael Everson writes:
> The delays to ISO 15924 are administrative, not technical.

I know.

> AFNOR promises to do something after 18 December.

Do you believe them?

> (Three months after the
> ballot on the RA, and still refusing to forward to me the actual
> ballot comments.)
>
> John, obviously an RFC on script codes won't list all the script
> codes (which will be available from the 15924 RA) and will want to be
> a clone of RFC 3066.

Good. But it can't refer to ISO 15924 codes if ISO 15924 doesn't
exist.

Glad you lack my cynicism about ISO/TC46's inability to perform.

Best regards

John Clews

--
John Clews,
Keytempo Limited (Information Management),

Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC22/WG20: Internationalization;
Committee Member of ISO/TC37/SC2/WG1: Language Codes