(no subject)

Jon Hanna jon@spin.ie
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:22:41 -0000

> At 11:21 2002-12-05 +0000, Jon Hanna wrote:
> > > I want to do HTTP content negotiation based on yi-latn vs
> > > yi-hebr.  Markup
> > > tagging is not what I'm after.
> >That doesn't mean *language* headers are what you are after either.
>
> So suggest a better way to do it!

The idea of a separate header for orthography has a lot going for it.

I'm not entirely convinced that the orthography should be described
separately, but I'm becoming increasingly so. To my mind the fact that
orthography is often entirely irrelevant (in the case of sound or video
files) is something that strongly makes me think that it shouldn't be tied
in with language details.