Request: Language Code "de-DE-1996"

Martin Duerst duerst@w3.org
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:06:42 +0900

At 12:19 02/04/23 +0100, Michael Everson wrote:

>OK. I agree. Does EVERYONE else agree? :-) Martin D$B—S(Bst does I see from an
>earlier e-mail.

I do, except for the fact that there is no distinction between
e.g. de-1996 and de-DE-1996:

    Tag to be registered       : de-1996

    English name of language   : German, orthography of 1996

    Native name of language (transcribed into ASCII):
                                 Deutsch, neue Rechtschreibung

    Tag to be registered       : de-DE-1996

    English name of language   : German, orthography of 1996

    Native name of language (transcribed into ASCII):
                                 Deutsch, neue Rechtschreibung

The later should be changed to "German, German variant"
and "Deutsch, deutsche Form" in parallel with the -AT and -CH
variants. Same for de-DE-1901.

Regards,    Martin.