Language tags for German

Michael Everson everson@evertype.com
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 13:59:43 +0100

Torsten,

I raised a concern that software is already doing something about
this kind of tagging. I have at least three applications now which
can make distinctions between the 1996 and the 1901 orthographies.

I requested that this be discussed also on the langtag@unicode.org
list and said that I was happy with the scheme providing that
everyone on both lists was happy with it. I don't seem to be getting
mail from langtag@unicode.org (though I thought I was subscribed to
it), so I don't know if this discussion has occurred there or not. I
wanted them to discuss it because of industrial involvement.

(Or at least I think I did all this. Perhaps I dreamed it.)

I'll process the application by Thursday next unless I hear
objections from industry, how about that?

So how many variants will be asked for out of the combinations below?
Do you have references for each of the variants? That's necessary.

--
Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com