IAB Statement on Identifiers and Unicode 7.0.0

J-F C. Morfin jfc at morfin.org
Wed Jan 28 18:54:06 CET 2015

At 01:05 28/01/2015, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
>(Full disclosure: I'm on the IAB and am the chair of the
>supposedly-dormant i18n program.)

I generally concur with your position. However, what we identify as
the problem is "i18n" and we (for the reasons I quoted above) think
the response is m17n. It would be great if the IAB worked on both,
and on their transcoding.

This is probably the old same difference between Mark Davis' langtags
and my cc-tags except that he had more money/ressources than I had
access to (may be the ianaplan rough consensus may help solving
this). The test issue remains the French majuscules :-) !

We are mainly interested in interfacing living people, less in
supporting theoretical syntaxic processes (what is complementary and
certainly not in opposition, unless there is room for only one approach).

jfc