Unicode & IETF

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Tue Aug 12 20:29:06 CEST 2014

and that is likely the crux of our disagreement because some of us,
including me, think that we need precision in IDNs to avoid multiple
encodings that lead users into thinking they have typed what they meant but
they end up in the wrong place because the DNS discovers a different
registered string than the one the user might have intended.