[Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5891 (3969)

Barry Leiba barryleiba at computer.org
Sun Apr 20 16:33:25 CEST 2014

> Section 2.11 of the Unicode Standard explains what combining characters
> are only in general terms. Section 3.6 contains the actual definition.

Peter, I see what you're saying, but I don't think a reference to
Unicode 5.2, Section 3.6, at least not alone, is what was meant here
in Section 4.2.3.2.  If anything, perhaps this is a more appropriate
change:

OLD
   The Unicode string MUST NOT begin with a combining mark or combining
   character (see The Unicode Standard, Section 2.11 [Unicode] for an
   exact definition).
NEW
   The Unicode string MUST NOT begin with a combining mark or combining
   character.  See The Unicode Standard, Section 2.11 [Unicode] for an
   explanation of combining characters, and Section 3.6, definition D52 (et
   seq) for an exact definition.
END

John will likely have some memory of what he intended here, so let's
see what he says.

Barry