Draft on IDN Tables in XML

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Mon Mar 12 15:26:42 CET 2012

On 12 mar 2012, at 08:09, Kim Davies wrote:

> I'm not aware of any registrars today that use IDN tables in their business logic. They could use them to filter out known-bad labels before they start an EPP transaction, and to generate variant sets for registries that do not do their own variant handling, so I agree they could be another potential user.

The reason I ask is because on the epp mailing list in IETF there is an ongoing discussion where the registries and registrars completely disagree on how the validation of a string is to happen, and who has the responsibility to implement it.

So, this is another stick that someone poked into the ant hill.

   paf