[vip] Draft on IDN Tables in XML

J-F C. Morfin jfc at morfin.org
Wed Mar 7 14:21:17 CET 2012

Kim, Patrick,

this is what I wanted to underline: a graphical standard cannot be
dependent on the external dispaly tool. ISO standards are depending
on your wallet size. IETF standards want to be independent from the
printer harware. Nothing in protocols forces me to use an UTF-8
keyboard or printer (as long as punycode is supported somewhere down
the line, in the IDNA case).

What is looked for is a fool printer proof solution. To my knowledge
only raster bitmaps can provide this to the printer and to the brain
? Hence the need of a complete Unicode raster table.
Best
jfc