IDNA2008 test vectors

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Tue Jan 25 23:37:07 CET 2011

Mark Davis ☕ <mark at macchiato.com> writes:

> For the next version of UTS46, the UTC is introducing additional fields in
> its test files that indicate whether the strings are valid in IDNA2008, so
> you could take a look at those (currently in draft state).
>
> http://www.unicode.org/review/#pri177
>
> The draft test file is at
> http://www.unicode.org/Public/idna/6.0.1/IdnaTest.txt
>
> You would skip the lines starting with T, since those are only relevant for
> transitional implementations. If you use the files and find any issues, let
> me know and I can funnel the feedback back to the UTC.

Thank you, I'm now going through these against my implementation.
However, shouldn't I also ignore the toUnicode column for all B tests?

That is, for a IDNA2008 implementation with no mapping support, the
useful test vectors are the toASCII columns of all lines, and all
columns of the N lines.

/Simon