I-D Action:draft-faltstrom-5892bis-02.txt

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Tue Feb 22 15:35:06 CET 2011

On 22 feb 2011, at 15.29, John C Klensin wrote:

> Within the IDNA2008 model, it is certainly possible to add
> (Section G) exception cases to more nearly simulate the "table
> stability" model.   But some of us believe that exception cases
> are themselves a bad idea, leading to reduced predictability,
> and need to be justified on that basis, not just applied because
> of some correction somewhere else.

And we *DID* have a call on this mailing list whether people wanted to have the three codepoints added, and the consensus was that they should NOT be added.

That is why the 5892bis document looks like it does.

My first version had added things to G.

But I did take a step back based on the consensus on this mailing list.

Once again, why are we opening this up?

Only if I see consensus on that, I will as editor ask (again) what should be added to G, if anything.

And we can see if the consensus this time will be different from last time.

Do we really have to do that?

   Patrik