Browser IDN display policy: opinions sought

Abdulrahman I. ALGhadir aghadir at citc.gov.sa
Wed Dec 21 09:42:51 CET 2011

I think currently both ICANN and IANA maintain a public list for new IDNs and their supported script/language, see the 2 lists:
 - IANA : http://www.iana.org/domains/idn-tables/
 - ICANN: http://www.icann.org/en/topics/idn/fast-track/string-evaluation-completion-en.htm

These 2 lists can be easily combined and amended with some extra fields to suit the application developer needs. For example, additional field can be added to cover supported languages and scripts that will help applications safely to display U-Labels instead of A-Labels when the language/script rules is met.

AbdulRahman,