Browser IDN display policy: opinions sought

Paul Hoffman phoffman at imc.org
Tue Dec 13 16:42:23 CET 2011

On Dec 12, 2011, at 9:48 PM, Tina Dam wrote:

> I saw the doubt and no-faith as well, but I still did not see
> suggestions that it belong elsewhere...

Much of this thread is about allowing zones themselves to state their policies, again through the DNS.

> I do not think ICANN has the
> necessary staff ressources to it either, but that does not chnage the
> fact that the job belongs there.

Many people disagree with that "fact", and some disagree with it simply because ICANN has for a decade not applied "necessary staff ressources to it" while choosing to instead apply significant staff resources to things that are trivial.

> As with other things ICANN can hire
> or outsource the necessary resources.

Or not.

--Paul Hoffman