referencing IDNA2008 (and IDNA2003?)

jean-michel bernier de portzamparc jmabdp at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 04:18:56 CEST 2010

JFC, Adam,

something Adam may easily understand: there are now two ways of reading all
the RFCs. One is IDNA2003 like (diversity is loosely handled inside the IETF
technology) and one is IDNA2008 (diversity is handled outside the IETF
technology in using it in a very strict IETF decided common way). These two
ways consider the _same_ internet (not a single bit being changed in the
code) in a very _different_ maner. If we used the same language it would
mean we would use the same terms in a rather idfferent or even opposite
manners. We would definitly not understand oneanother anymore.

Cheers !
Portzamparc