Request for input and participation (fwd)

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Mon Mar 22 17:48:26 CET 2010

I'm sure Sullivan is a very bright philospher, having obtained a masters
in philosophy.  I don't criticize his intelligence at all. I do
criticize Sullivan's qualifications for appointment DNSEXT chair and the
title of "Internet Scientist" as being more about who he knows than what
he knows.  Having completed graduate work in another field, Sullivan
should be aware that he has not completed relevant work in the DNS or
network protocol design field.

I also note that Sullivan has also been involved in pushing the keys to
silence an opposing viewpoint in DNSEXT, benefiting the Cerf/Vixie/Adams
cartel and furthering a fraudulent act. I note that the Madoff
programmers were indicted for their key-pushing.

		--Dean

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> I'm unsure how exactly a message asking people to participate in
> ensuring that requirements are in fact correct can be interpreted as
> our being "stumped"; but if people want to paint me as unusually
> obtuse or otherwise idiotic, I don't particularly care, as long as we
> get the work done that needs doing.  Since Mr Anderson has so kindly
> brought everyone's attention to this (again), I want to emphasise the
> invitation in the note he forwarded.  I'm also speaking to the APPAREA
> meeting this morning, to urge participation here.
>
> People have said they want different "names" to "work the same" on the
> Internet.  We are trying to make sure we understand exactly what
> people think they're asking for.  I'd like to think that's a good
> idea, but maybe it's better to write protocols without making sure you
> really understand what people want from your protocol.
>
> Best regards,

> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 11:31:11AM -0400, Dean Anderson wrote:
> > FYI: IDNA Stumps DNSEXT Chairs

617 256 5494