I-D Action:draft-faltstrom-5892bis-01.txt

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Thu Dec 23 16:30:55 CET 2010

There seemed to be a lot of cc:s.  I trimmed them.

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 03:41:44PM +0100, J-F C. Morfin wrote:

> Would this Draft be submitted to a sole IETF Last Call and not to a
> prior WG/IDNA2011 LC, I would obviously appeal it since it would only
> represent the consensus of a small group of people.  This would be the
> same as if the new IUTF published a fundamental document without first
> liaising at least with ISO, ITU and IETF.

I think you have a deep confusion about IETF procedures.  There is no
requirement that documents from the IETF automatically came from a
working group.  An AD-sponsored document that goes through an IETF
last call can still represent IETF consensus.  There is no IETF
requirement at all for a working group for this draft.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.