NSM flaw?

Abdulrahman I. ALGhadir aghadir at citc.gov.sa
Mon Sep 14 13:59:01 CEST 2009

Hey Martin,

Well as I said if the protocol cares about the display of labels then yes this issue will be a problem.
A sequence of same NSM will yield a one drawn character as we know NSM are drawn in same position as the predecessor character either above or below it.
Thus single fatha u064E or sequence of fathas (u064E,... etc) will result same displayed(rendered) NSM because the engine will draw them one over the other same look different code.

Well what u saw circle with dots is u0629 (tah mrbotah) the character which is above the dots is u064E both words have same look but different encoding
This goes with other NSMs (fatha, damma, kasra, shaddah,... etc ).

Thank you,
Abdulrahman.